Year 2 Ms Melling
We are excited to welcome your children to Year 2. We are really looking forward to helping them learn, grow and be the best they can be.
- Fruit: snack is 75p per week and is payable weekly or half termly via cheque or in a named envelope.
- P.E: This is on a Tuesday which will be taught by Mr Coleman. It is essential your child has a suitable kit to change into for these sessions. Children are encouraged to leave their P.E kits in school during each half term and take them home to wash during each school holiday. This will ensure kits are always available in school when extra sessions become available. Please could you provide suitable shorts and t-shirt for this session and label each item clearly with your child’s name. We request that long hair be tied up.
- Forest School: This will be taught by Mrs Deer. The children will go fortnightly on a Friday morning. Children will need waterproof clothing (this needs to cover arms & legs) and wellies. These can be left in school, in a bag clearly labelled with your child’s name.
- Reading books should be returned to school on a Tuesday and will be sent home on a Thursday. Some weeks, we will ask the children to read on their ‘Bug Club’ account.
- Home learning this will be termly, giving the children the time to complete and enjoy their home learning. Alongside this the children will have weekly maths and phonics learning. This will be sent home on a Thursday and should be returned to school the following Tuesday.
- Children will need a water bottle to keep in school, labelled clearly with your child’s name & class. (water only please)
- Each week, the children will take it in turns to bring home a dragon, yet to be named, for the weekend.
If you have any information you wish to discuss or any questions, do not hesitate to contact us:
We have an open door policy and are available at the end of the school day, for an informal discussion. You can make an appointment at a mutually convenient time by contacting us, via the school office. Or alternatively you can write a note in your child’s homework book.
Ms Melling and Miss Thomas