The Criw Cymraeg are a group of pupils who meet every Tuesday lunchtime with Mrs Beynon to help raise the profile of Wales and the Welsh language across the school.
Our aims as the Criw Cymraeg are to ensure and promote the following:
- Bishopston Primary School looks and feels like it is in Wales
- Our pupils know about and love our Welsh culture and language
- Welsh is used often in our classrooms
- Staff and pupils speak Welsh outside through games and songs
- We celebrate Wales and our language in assemblies
- We use Welsh apps and websites
- We make Welsh fun!
- We read books in Welsh
- We use Welsh across all subjects
- Staff and pupils are proud to be Welsh
The Criw will be setting regular competitions and homework tasks across the school in order to promote Welsh further. Check this page and our school Twitter feed to keep up to date with our Criw Cymraeg activities!
Our fantastic Criw have been learning traditional yard games in welsh over the last few weeks. Each member of the Criw now wears a special lanyard with their welsh game booklet on it. They have been teaching the games to our Foundation Phase pupils who are now playing them independently! Da iawn pawb!