We’re the Yngor Yr Ysgol (The School Council). Our job is to represent the school and keep up-to-date with changes in Education that may affect the children in our school.
As a council, we’re made up from all the different committees in our school, we try to keep Mr Owen, our HT informed of the progress we’re making in the committees – and persuade him to allocate funds to our committees!
We are also involved in recruitment, if a job comes up in our school we give our views to the interviewing panel.
We do sometimes give up some of our own time, but it’s worth it because we know we’re making a difference to our school. A few things we’ve done
- Appointed Mr Owen as the Headteacher, and other teachers (you’ve got us to blame).
- Markings on the playground
- Changed school policies – for example the Behaviour Policy
- Re-branded the school, we hope you like the new badge
- Got a surf theme going – see the toilets and posters
- Improved the Forest School area, you’ll see it’s got bigger
- Chosen playground equipment
Some of us went to the Swansea Pupil Voice forum and met Nick Williams the Chief Education Officer in Swansea. We feel things are heading in the right direction.