The ALN Coordinator, with the Headteacher and Governing Body, plays a key role in the development of the ALN policy and provision in the school.
- To enable learners with identified additional needs and challenges to have access to a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum.
- To meet the needs of all learners with additional needs, with the support of the Local Authority and outside agencies.
- To take into account the views and wishes of learners (where possible) and families/carers when developing provision and practice for additional support, through person centred planning approaches.
- To involve learners in setting targets
- To involve learners in transition phases when entering the school and transferring between Key Stages.
- To use the school's assessment, recording and reporting system as part of the identification process of additional learning needs.
- To keep informed of best practice when devising intervention, support and provision
- To support identification of need and any additional support requirements
- To review the intervention and provision set out in IEPs as part of the school assessment cycle